Managing the stress before an important meeting.
Most of time people use to stress when they have important meeting like interview, seminar, or a presentation. Many people don’t know how to manage their stress so that it will not interfere with the success of the meeting.
For interview: how to handle stress?
May be it’s just a click on a website that led you to a job offer and you got an interview; at this stage things are more serious. Follow this advices to handle stress before in during the interview.
- Stay positive
- Practice relaxation methods like yoga, meditation, massage, etc...
- Choose healthy Habits
- Take time for your personal life
- Take holydays
- Accept your limits and faults. Accept that you are not perfect and that you can’t do all by yourself.
For a Presentation: do this to manage the stress.
- Practice. Try to practice where you will be delivering your talk. Also try recording your presentation and playing it back to evaluate which areas need work.
- Attending other presentations. This will help you to have an idea of what waits for you the D-day. Then you will anticipate by work on your own presentation. By attending to other presentations you will know what to do and to not do during your own. It will increase you assurance and then decrease your stress. This shows respect for your fellow presenters while also giving you a chance to feel out the audience. What's the mood of the crowd?
- Arrive early. It ensure you will not be late. Be the first on ground. It helps you to possess the place and it gives a sensation of being in charge which reduce the stress.
- Meet and greet. Do your best to chat with people before your presentation. Talking with audiences makes you seem more likeable and approachable.